Friday, January 23, 2009

Voivod -- Nothingface


There was a period of about 6 months, perhaps more, during which I listened to this album every day. That was quite a while ago, but I just listened again, and the magic has not faded. I'm still amazed that a cover song, Pink Floyd's Astronomy Domine, fits in so well with such an elaborate concept album. There something naive and sweet here, and I'm not sure that I could enjoy an album as much today as did this one back then. Sigh.

320 kbps (re-fixed)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

pink floyd track is fucked.
bad rip or something...

melonfarmer said...

oops, sorry about that. i fixed it.

skullgrid said...

i hear ya on that, totally. prolly my favorite album of all time. i've got the first verse lyrics from "Into My Hypercube" and the interior image that goes with "Sub-Effect" both tattooed on my arm.

Anonymous said...

couple of tracks are corrupt, but thanks for the upload anyways

melonfarmer said...

cock fucking shit cunts!

i think it's Winrar that's fucking everything up. apparently i have to actually extract every .rar file i make as a test. to see if Winrar fucked it up. annoying.

anyway, i have confirmed that the current link is working. hopefully mediafire will delete it, or al gore will pull the plug on the internet, or something else bad will happen that fucks everything up.

DJRokyManson said...

I saw Voivod when they toured this album at Jezebel's in Anaheim. They were headlining over Soundgarden.

melonfarmer said...

ha! i was at that show as well. so you must be old and from orange county, just like me.

DJRokyManson said...

Yeah, I'm old and from Orange County. Speaking of Soundgarden, I just saw Chris Cornell perform on Tuesday evening. I don't want to believe the reality of this being the same performer I saw almost 2 decades ago at a sleazy Anaheim metal bar.

The Thing That Should Not Be said...

Sir, THIS is the best record in. The. WORLD.